Bio Data of District Chairman
Seema Khaitan was born on 19th October, 1965 in Kolkata in a traditional Marwari family. Seema was a very active, intelligent and obedient girl since childhood. She was good at her studies and well-versed in household work. She did her schooling from Ashoka Hall School, a very reputed public school of Kolkata. In school, she participated in all kinds of social and cultural activities and developed a great interest in the social service activities. After schooling she did two years Diploma in Home Science from Jawahari Debi Birla College, Kolkata and afterwards completed her Diploma in Montessori from London School of Montessori. At her young age she keenly participated in swimming competitions and won many Awards.
She is married to Rtn. (PHF) Suman Jyoti Khaitan, an eminent lawyer of Supreme Court of India and a Member of many National and International Bar Associations. In Khaitan family she had to shoulder a great responsibility to look after the household affairs as well as to manage the office of Mr. Khaitan which she is doing very skillfully and efficiently. Apart from this, her hobbies of cooking, painting, art & craft, gardening, traveling etc. can be particularly seen in the decorum and maintenance of her house as well as office. She is blessed with a very intelligent and diligent daughter, Nitika whom she has groomed very carefully and affectionately. She is a loving wife, affectionate mother and nursing daughter-in-law.
Social activities are part and parcel of her life. Her inning with Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown started in the year 2001 when she became an Active Member of this Club with District 301. With her innovative ideas, zest of service, a pleasing personality, she reached at the height of District Chairman in 2012-13. During this period she had achieved many Awards because of her ability, honesty and hardwork. Social service had been embedded in her from the very beginning. She took great interest in all social welfare projects undertaken by Clubs and actively participated to make them a success. May it be Projects on Child Welfare, Health Care, Education, Senior Citizens, Community Wedding, Environment etc. she made them all successful. Her Inner Wheel achievements can be listed as below:
- 2001-02 Joined Inner Wheel Fraternity of Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown
- 2002-03 Active Member of Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown
- 2003-04 Executive Member of Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown
- 2004-05 Secretary of Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown
(Won the Best Secretary Award from District 301)
- 2005-06 President of Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown
During the Presidentship, the Club was awarded the following awards:
- Best Club Award & Best President Award
- Membership Growth Award & Promptness, Dedication & Devotion Award
- Special Appreciation Award for Consumer Guidance, Eye Relief and Cornea Donation, Education, Environment, Family Planning, Senior Citizens, Best Reporting, Polio, Health Care, Physically and Mentally Challenged, Fellowship and Cultural, Family Welfare.
- Apart from the above a Special Award - Special Appreciation Award for Media Reporting was also given.
- Various other Trophies and Running Shields on Education, Culture & Fellowship, Environment etc.
- 2006-07 Sub-Committee Chairperson for the Health Care in District 301 and IPP of Inner Wheel Club of Delhi Midtown.
- 2007-08 District Editor in District 301
- 2008-09 District I.S.O. in District 301
- 2009-10 District Treasurer in District 301 (Won the Best District Treasurer Award from Association Treasurer)
- 2010-11 District Secretary in District 301
- 2011-12 District Vice Chairman in District 301
- 2012-13 District Chairman of District 301
For Seema Khaitan 'Service to Mankind is Service to God'. The heart of this short height lady is very large and always throbs to render services whenever and wherever needed.
She always Remember the lines of Robert Frost-
The woods are lovely dark and green,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep………!